Saturday, September 25, 2010

season recap

A lot of stuff has been thrown at me this past year. Everything from my niece battling cancer to a break up of my girlfriend of 4 years. I started the year living in Layton, Utah. Today I find myself writing this blog in Plymouth, Wisconsin. I thought about starting my first entry with a wrap up of how I got to this point, but instead I think I will just recap/talk about September.

September is one of my favorite months. It always has been. For starters it is the month of my mother's birth. If it wasn't for my mother, the awesome that is writing this blog would not be. Besides birthing me, she has been the biggest support in my life. Regardless of the thousands of mistakes I have made in my life she still accepts me, and encourages me to do what is going to make me happy. Sadly, this has been the first September I was not able to be with my mom on her birthday. I hope she knows how much I appreciate her and what an impact she has in my life.

Are you ready for some football!? Hell, I know I am. Next reason why September is so great, is the football. Professional, college, nintendo. It's the month that football gets into full swing. I may be partial, and lord knows i have said this before, but this is the year. I can feel it. Wisconsin football is going to be bringing home some hardware. I hope there is enough room in the case for a Lombardi and a BCS championship. *crosses fingers* I'm going to end on these two words: Clay Matthews.

Fall is here! I love the weather change from hot and gross, to cool and breezy. The colors start changing, and Phil's collection of sweaters come into bloom. September=Fall=Awesome.

Sadly, but surely, I love September for the series premiers. Its sad I love so many shows, but damned if there are not a million good shows on lately. Here is a list of some of the shows I will be indulging myself with: How I Met Your Mother, Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Family Guy, Dexter, Bored to Death, Community, The Office, 30 Rock... and much more.

Last, and most recent reason for my love of September is childhood cancer awareness. September is the official month of childhood cancer awareness. As I touched on earlier, my niece battled cancer this year. She is now 3, and in remission. Every 3 months she gets new tests to make sure the brain cancer is at bay. Now don't get me wrong, I don't like that she has cancer, but I do like that there is a full month commited to raising awareness of people in her predictament. In support of my niece Alexa, I got a new tattoo. A cancer ribbon safety pinned to my right foot. Not only as a reminder of what she has gone through, but also a reminder of how strong she is. A motivation if you will, that if she got through cancer, I can get through my insignificant troubles.

Well that's all? Hopefully this is the first of many blogs. I apologize if the writing style or grammar is not any good. I also plan on future blogs having better direction. I think.

Stay classy, internet.

2 comments:

  1. I like the style, and I absolutely love the name. :)

    Keep classy, Phil-adelphia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do like your blog a lot. You're right though it's way cool to write everyday!

    ReplyDelete